Are You Hooked?
Adapted from the National Council on Alcoholism's self-test, the following questions are designed to point up systems of both drug abuse and alcoholism."Yes" answers suggest that you may need help.
- Do you sometimes binge on alcohol and drugs?
- Do more people seem to be treating you unfairly without good reason?
- Do you try to avoid family or friends while you are drinking or using drugs?
- Are you secretly irritated when family of friends discuss your drinking or drug use?
- Do you sometimes feel guilty about your drinking or drug use?
- Do you often regret the things you have done or said when drunk or high?
- Have you often failed to keep promises you have made to yourself about controlling or cutting down your drinking or drug use?
- Do you eat very little or irregularly when you are drinking or getting high?
- Do you feel low after indulging, and aomstimes miss work or appointments?
- Do you use more and more to get drunk or high?